There is nothing much to do when it comes to removing visible signs of aging. Be it wrinkles or fine lines- everyone wants to keep their skin up-to-date.
This need to be presentable all the time brings us to today’s topic- The difference between Botox and Xeomin. To know the exact difference between both of them, continue reading.
Key points of Botox:
- For removing wrinkles and healing medical conditions
- Consists of additional proteins
- 3–4-month duration of the result
- Comparatively longer duration of treatment
- Effects become visible within 3-4 days
- Women who are between 18-30 can take Botox
- Customizable method of treatment
Key points of Xeomin:
- To enhance the facial appearance and heal medical conditions
- Lacks additional proteins
- 3–6-month duration of the result
- Comparatively shorter duration of treatment
- Effects become visible within 4-5 days
- Women who are between 20-30 can take Xeomin
- Gives natural-looking results
Comparison Between Botox And Xeomin
|Duration of treatment||Much time taking||Comparatively quick|
|Who should use it||18-30 years of age who do not have any neurological history||Women between early 20s and 30s with no Botox treatment in the past four months|
|Benefits||Does not include any surgery |
Gives quick results without any pain
Only a few potential side-effects are observed
|It is convenient and easily affordable|
Prevents wrinkles in the future
No serious side effects
Gives a natural effect
|Active from||3-4 days||4-5 days|
|Side effects||Eye dryness|
Trouble in swallowing
|Decreased number of blinking|
Abnormal swelling of eyelids
|Key ingredients||Clostridium botulinum in small amounts ||Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin type A and sucrose.|
Major Difference Between Botox And Xeomin
What Is Botox?
Botox stands for Botulinum toxin, made of the clostridium botulinum, which helps vanish wrinkles and every face crease.
Botox treatment was the first ever injectable treatment that was meant to enhance your facial appearance. From treating chronic migraine to blepharospasm (where you blink uncontrollably), Botox can also help you in medical ways.
The way Botox works are quite simple. First, it will block the nervous signals once it gets injected. The targeted muscles won’t move or contract. This relaxes the muscles and helps to cease facial wrinkles.
While Botox treatment provides an improvement in wrinkles, it won’t remove the wrinkles produced by sun damage.
What Is Xeomin?
Xeomin (called ZI-O-MIN) is a type of Botulinum toxin that serves the same purpose as Botox, which is to reduce wrinkles and lines between the eyebrows and frown lines.
Just like Botox, Xeomin also works in the same method. It restricts the contact between nerves and muscles, which in turn stops the targeted muscles from causing wrinkles.
While Botox comes with an additional protein that remains inactive, Xeomin does not come with any complementary proteins.
In fact, Xeomin itself removes the existing unnecessary proteins from the present ingredient. Xeomin is extracted as a purified form of neurotoxin.
In simpler words, Xeomin will benefit you as it does not present any additional proteins to inject into your body.
Contrast Between Botox And Xeomin
- Botox – Botox treatment helps in preventing the muscles from contracting that cause facial wrinkles. It is widely popular for hiding visible anti-aging signs. The effect is short-lived, so you have to visit your clinic to get your Botox treatment again.
- Xeomin – It is a safer option than Botox treatment for healing your facial wrinkles. Even though both are similar, the absence of additional proteins makes Xeomin a much safer option for everyone. The recovery time and result are comparatively quicker than Botox.
Process Of treatment
- Botox – Botox is an injectable treatment. Your body would be made numbed to prevent any potential discomfort during the treatment. Your surgeon can use ice or anesthesia to turn your body numb for a while.
The surgeon will further inject Botox in smaller quantities. The number of injections, however, depends on your requirements. Once your treatment is done, you should avoid rubbing or touching the targeted area as a precaution.
- Xeomin – The treatment duration is very short for this treatment. Your body would be numbed in this process as well. The only pain you will feel would be a minor pinch due to the injection. The amount of this toxin will be in small quantities too.
Duration Of The Result
- Botox – A proper Botox result will stay as long as 3-4 months approximately. Gradually the results will begin to fade away after the mentioned time period.
- Xeomin – Xeomin will definitely last for three months. But in some particular cases, patients have noticed the results lasting for at least six months.
The temporarily numbed muscles will gradually continue their movements again, which will cause wrinkles.
Active As From
- Botox – On average, you should wait for at least 14 days to get the expected results but generally speaking, the results can show up within 3-4 days after the treatment itself.
- Xeomin – You can see the results to some extent after 4-5 days after the treatment. But the full effect will be seen only within 30 days.
Top benefits provided by Botox:
- For providing medical treatment, Botox is used popularly.
- Botox can heal your severe sweating, chronic migraine, overactive bladder, or strabismus (Eyes pointing in different directions)
- Quick, visible results
- A non-surgical method of treatment
- Fast treatment with no pain
- Involves very few risks
- It can be customized as per your needs.
Top benefits provided by Xeomin:
- When your body develops immunity to Botox, it will stop reacting to get the desired results. Hence Xeomin will help you that time.
- Comfortable method of treatment
- It is convenient and easily affordable.
- Prevents wrinkles in the future
- Uplifts the lower part of your face
- No serious side effects
- Gives a natural effect
- Botox – Clostridium botulinum in small amounts
- Xeomin – Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin type A and sucrose
Who Should Use Them
- Botox – If you are between the age of 18-30 and facing severe wrinkles, you can use Botox after consulting your doctor once.
- Xeomin – Your body won’t develop immunity for Xeomin, unlike Botox. So Xeomin will be effective for you for a long period of time. The age to opt for Xeomin is between the early 20s to 30s
Areas Where You Can Use Them
Botox – The areas targeted for Botox are as follows:
- forehead wrinkles
- lines between your eyebrows
- sagging eyebrows
- crow’s feet that are present near eyes
- Neck bands
Xeomin – The areas where you can use Xeomin are as follows:
- Upper eyebrows
- upper eyelids
- Back of the neck
Botox – There is very little possibility of having side effects due to the Botox treatment. Some of the risks include:
- Swelling of the targeted part
- Drooping eyelids or a crooked smile
- Eye dryness
- Problematic vision
- Trouble in swallowing
- Weakening muscles
Xeomin – The side effects that occur due to Xeomin are as follows:
- Neck pain
- Feeling fatigued
- Decreased number of blinking
- Dry eyes
- Abnormal swelling of eyelids
- Pain or bruising of the targeted area
Results When They Wear Off
- Botox – The Botox treatment will wear off after the mentioned time period. After that, wrinkles will start to become visible, but they won’t appear to be as deep as before. You can go for the injections again after the wrinkles appear.
- Xeomin – Just like Botox, your wrinkles and unwanted fine lines will appear as soon as the effect of Xeomin wears off.
Aftercare for Botox:
- Avoid lying down for a few hours after you get done with your Botox treatment
- Do not visit any place which may cause you heat and discomfort to your face (e.g., sauna or hot bathtub)
- Do not touch, poke or squeeze the skin of the injected area
- Do not consume alcohol before and after the treatment
- Do not cause much stress on your facial muscles
- Avoid exercise
Aftercare for Xeomin:
- Sit straight and hold your head steady for the first few hours right after getting your Xeomin treatment
- Do NOT squeeze or rub harshly on the injected area of your body
- As Xeomin injections offer zero recovery time, you can continue with your daily routine
- Exercise your face after a few hours of your treatment
- Avoid make-up for at least one day after the treatment
- If there is a case of bruising, use an ice pack to heal it
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Which one is better- Botox or Xeomin?
Both of these methods offer their own advantages. The usage of Botox and Xeomin depends on your desired result and the history of your medication.
If you are still confused, you can consult your dermatologist for the best treatment that will work out for you.
Q2. What should I avoid doing before going for Botox treatment?
Avoid alcohol or any food that contains garlic. Avoid any medication that is anti-inflammatory to prevent potential side effects. Do not use make-up, and use a gentle cleanser to clean your face.
Q3. Who should not opt for Xeomin?
Girls below 18 are not allowed to go for Xeomin treatment. Any woman who is pregnant or can be pregnant soon should avoid getting this as well.
If you have taken a Botox treatment before four months, you should stay away from this option. Further, you can ask your doctor for the medical history that may make you disqualified from this method.
Q4. Who should not go for Botox treatment?
Women who are breastfeeding or pregnant should stay clear of this treatment.
A person suffering from any kind of neurological treatment should not get Botox treatment without consulting their surgeon and dermatologist.
Q5. Does Xeomin include any life-threatening side effects?
Considered a safer option than Botox, Xeomin does NOT have any life-threatening side effects.
You may face some minor inconveniences after the surgery, but that is temporary. Also, the possibility of these short-lived side effects is minimal.
Q6. Can my life insurance cover the cost of Botox or Xeomin?
No, your life insurance cannot cover the cost of both treatments.
- 20+ Differences Between Botox And Fillers
- 20+ Differences Between Face Oil And Face Serum
- Acupuncture: 25+Advantages and Disadvantages
- 20+ Differences Between Contour And Bronzer
- 20+ Differences Between CeraVe And Cetaphil
Marketing | Branding | Blogging. These Three Words Describe Me in The Best Way. I Am a Self-Taught Marketer with 10 Years of Experience. Helping Startups/ It Companies/ and Small Businesses to Enhance Their Business Through Branding and Marketing Ideas. On A Mission to Help Small Businesses to Be a Brand.