Nowadays, listening to music is quite captivating. In-ear headphones assist in delivering the music to our ears.
More and more people are utilizing the newest technology, such as EarPods and AirPods, which have tiny speakers built into them and are inserted directly into their ears for the privacy of their music, rather than overwhelming an area with noises from loudspeakers or any other device. The distinctions between AirPods and EarPods will be covered in this article.
The Key Differences between EarPods and AirPods
- The remote control and microphone module found in the corded earbuds, known as EarPods, can control the music volume, play and pause music, take calls, and perform other tasks.
- Connecting to a device requires a 3.5-millimeter lightning jack or a headphone jack.
- There is no need to charge EarPods.
- Comparatively speaking, EarPods cost less than AirPods.
- Earpods have buttons to play, pause, and control the volume of sound or music.
- Earpods are not more portable than AirPods.
- Earpods do not come with a case. It comes in a box to store it.
- In Earpods, there are fewer features than in AirPods.
- EarPods may or may not have a noise cancellation facility.
- Wifi Calling, Wireless charging is not available in an EarPod.
- The Apple corporation makes wireless earphones called AirPods that come with a charging case that also serves as a portable charger and plays music for 24 hours.
- For the connection with other devices, Bluetooth functionality is necessary.
- Chargers are needed for AirPods. It may last for 5 to 6 hours.
- Airpods are more expensive than earpods.
- To control the volume, play, pause, and other functions, we can use the attached sensors in the Airpods.
- AirPods are truly portable.
- A case is very necessary for AirPods. Through this case, we can charge our AirPods.
- Compared to AirPods, there are more features in an AirPods.
- AirPods has a noise cancellation facility which helps in better listening of music.
- Wifi calling facility and wireless charging through a Qi-based wireless charging case are available.
Comparison Between EarPods and AirPods:
|What is it?||EarPods are corded headphones with a remote and microphone module that may be used to answer and decline phone calls as well as control music volume and playback.||Apple’s wireless earbuds, known as AirPods, come with a charging case that also functions as a portable charger and plays music for 24 hours.|
|Type||EarPods are wired devices that consist of a 3.5 mm headphone jack.||AirPods are truly wireless earphones with Bluetooth connectivity.|
|Connectivity||EarPods have a 3.5-mm headphone jack to connect with a device.||AirPods have Bluetooth connectivity to connect with the devices.|
|Charging Facility||EarPods do not require a charge.||AirPods are charged via AirPod cases.|
|Features||EarPods have fewer features than AirPods||There are enough features in an AirPod.|
|Portability||EarPods are less portable than AirPods.||AirPods are more portable and handy to use.|
|Wireless Charging||EarPods do not require wireless charging.||You can charge your AirPods with a Qi-based charging facility.|
|Function||In an EarPod, we can control the music volume and play and pause the music by using the buttons attached to the Earpods.||For controlling the volume, play, pause, and other functions, we can use the attached sensors in the Airpods.|
|Noise Cancellation||Noise cancellation facility may or may not be available in an EarPod.||In an AirPod, there are noise cancellation features.|
|Cost||Less Expensive||More Expensive|
Major Differences between EarPods and AirPods:
What are EarPods?
It is a kind of earphone made by Apple that debuted in 2012 alongside the iPhone 5 and iPod versions. The EarPods were meant to fit and sound better than the previous earphones that come with Apple smartphones.
The corded earbuds, known as “EarPods,” feature a remote control and microphone module that may be used to control the music volume, play and pause music, answer calls, and other functions.
By using EarPods, you can also use your iPhone to make calls, watch videos, and also listen to music. The center button, volume buttons, and microphone are all present on EarPods.
Even when the iPhone is locked, you can access Siri, answer and stop conversations, and manage audio and video playing by pressing the middle button.
Using your EarPods to control audio:-
- Press the middle button to pause.
- Press the button to resume playback.
- After that, press the center button twice and then quickly move forward.
- Press the middle button three times and then go backward.
- For the fast-forward feature, press the center button two times..
Utilize your EarPods to manage calls:-
- To take a call, press the center button.
- To end the call, press the center button once, and you can easily use this in different situations.
- You can also switch to an incoming call, hold the call, etc.
- Push the middle button. Press once more to return to the initial call.
What are AirPods?
Apple’s AirPods were actually released in the month of December 2016. These are wireless versions of the company’s wired earphones, which come standard with iPhones. The carrying case of the AirPods has a charging facility by which you can charge your Airpods.
AirPods without a case have a battery life of about 5 hours. The casing of the AirPods also has a 24-hour battery life capacity. With iOS and macOS devices, AirPods are meant to be used. They can, however, connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device.
Controlling audio with your AirPods:
- Press the Touch button on the AirPod’s stem to play and pause audio. Press once again to resume playing.
- Double-press the Touch control to advance.
- To go back one step, triple-press the Touch control.
- Place your thumb on the stem of either AirPod and use your index finger to increase or decrease the volume by swiping up or down on the Touch control.
- To control the Airpods through the iPhone, say “Hey Siri” and a command like “Turn up the volume” or “Turn down the volume” to increase or decrease the volume. You may also adjust the volume using the slider in the app where you are listening, the Lock Screen, or Control Center.
Utilize AirPods to place and take calls:
Wear your AirPods and ensure they are paired with your Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (with cellular or wifi).
Choose one of these:
- Put a call in: To activate Siri, double-tap either AirPod, then wait for a chime before speaking your request.
- Answer or end a phone call: Tap both of your AirPods at the same time.
- Respond to the following call: To answer the new call and put the previous one on hold, double-tap one of your AirPods.
Earpods vs. AirPods- All you need to know:
- Earpods are wired earphones.
- Earphones connect via a 3.5 mm headphone jack to a device.
- EarPods do not have a charging case.
- You can listen to non-stop music with an EarPod.
- Because it is a wired earphone, it is not more portable than an AirPod.
- Earpods have fewer features. Only normal calling facilities are there.
- EarPods are cheaper than AirPods.
- AirPods are completely wireless earphones.
- AirPods connect via Bluetooth with a device.
- AirPods must have a charging case to charge.
- You have a limited time to listen to music. Because it has batteries, the music automatically stops when there is no charge in the battery.
- It is highly portable than an AirPod.
- AirPods have more features. Wifi calling, wireless connectivity, noise cancellation, etc., are available in an AirPod.
- AirPods are more expensive than EarPod.
The Contrast between EarPods and AirPods:
- EarPods: EarPods connect to a device via a 3.5 mm headphone port.
- AirPods: On the other hand, the sleek shell that houses the earphones are used for wireless charging with the AirPods. AirPods can also be wirelessly charged using Qi-based wireless charging. A single charge of an AirPod provides approximately 5 hours of music playback.
- EarPods: Aside from the wireless component, the EarPods and AirPods are identical in appearance. There is a music control button on an EarPod. As a result, you can easily play, pause, and adjust the volume of your music by using earphones.
- AirPods: The AirPods look like EarPods, but without wires and a stem hanging at the ears. Instead, the AirPods come in a chic, white, two-compartment case that doubles as a charger. The case is easy to carry about.
- EarPods: There is no Siri option in an earpod. It only connects through the 3.5 mm headphone jack with the device.
- AirPods: The Siri feature is supported by the AirPods; you can use it immediately by double-tapping them. Making phone calls, controlling music playing, and posing questions are all possible with Siri.
Pros and Cons: EarPods vs. AirPods:
- Crystal clear sound
- Super bass effects
- Comfortable for ear fit
- Excellent mic quality
- Less expensive
- No charging
- It has wire
- Not more durable
- No wifi calling
- Lack in facilities
- Active noise cancellation of high quality
- Ensured in-ear fit
- Hands-free access to Siri
- The case for wireless charging
- Splash-resistant construction
- Audio that is crystal clear
- Excellent mic clarity
- Simple pairing
- There are no on-ear volume controls.
- The ANC and EQ are not adjustable.
- EarPods: There is no need to charge EarPods.
- AirPods: AirPod cases are used to recharge AirPods.
- EarPods: AirPods are more feature-rich than EarPods.
- AirPods: The features of an AirPod are sufficient.
- EarPods: Compared to AirPods, EarPods are less portable.
- AirPods: AirPods are more convenient and portable.
- EarPods: Wireless charging is not necessary for EarPods.
- AirPods: A Qi-based charging station is available for charging your AirPods.
- EarPods: Using the buttons built into the EarPods, we can adjust the audio volume and play and pause the music.
- AirPods: In an AirPod, touch sensors adjust the volume and play/pause the music.
- EarPods: An EarPod may or may not have a noise cancellation feature.
- AirPods: There are numerous noise-canceling features in an AirPod.
- EarPods: Compared to AirPods, EarPods are more affordable.
- AirPods: Compared to EarPods, AirPods are more pricey.
Summary: EarPods vs. AirPods:
- Earpods are earphones that are wired.
- Earphones connect to a device via a 3.5 mm headphone port.
- There is no charging case for EarPods.
- EarPods are less expensive than AirPods in comparison.
- Noise cancellation may or may not be available with EarPods.
- An EarPod does not support wifi calling or wireless charging.
- The AirPods are completely wireless earphones.
- AirPods communicate with a device through Bluetooth.
- To charge, AirPods require a charging case.
- AirPods are significantly more expensive than EarPods.
- The AirPods have noise cancellation, which aids in music listening.
- Wifi calling and wireless charging via a Qi-based wireless charging cover are also available.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Are AirPods superior to EarPods?
In terms of headphone quality, the Apple AirPods Pro Truly Wireless outperforms the Apple EarPods.
The EarPods’ open-back earphone design is the feature that isolates very little noise, and it also produces very little bass.
Q2. Do EarPods have more volume than AirPods?
During my testing, the regular EarPods had a somewhat louder sound than the AirPods.
Additionally, I observed that when the microphones are turned on, the Apple wireless headphones emit some white noise, which might be annoying during a phone call.
Q3. Are EarPods and AirPods differ in size?
So I was both happy and shocked when Apple revealed the updated AirPods.
They have some incredible features but are also virtually identical in shape to EarPods; they are larger but just on the side that does not go into your ear.
Q5. Is the price of Apple EarPods justified??
Apple AirPods are popular for a variety of reasons, including portability, ease of use, dependability, good sound quality per pound, and the ability to bring Siri to your ears.
Furthermore, they can also be linked to any Bluetooth device wirelessly, including smart TVs and smartphones, though they work best with Apple products.
Q6. Which iPhone models include AirPods?
Apple doesn’t include any headphones with any iPhone model, not even AirPods.
All you get when you purchase an iPhone from Apple is the phone and a charging wire. You must purchase AirPods separately if you want them for your iPhone.
Q7. Is Apple’s AirPods exclusive??
AirPods can be used as Bluetooth headsets with non-Apple devices. You can converse and listen but not use Siri. You can pair your AirPods with a non-Apple device like an Android phone.
Q8. Are AirPods prone to falling out?
Furthermore, despite fitting snugly when properly worn, the AirPods and AirPods Pro can still fall out if struck hard enough.
It is best to use extra caution or remove them in these situations to avoid hitting and dropping them.
Q9. My AirPods won’t stay in my ears; why?
Rather than designing a product that could accommodate multiple size tips for different ear sizes, Apple used a one-size-fits-all approach.
As a result, the size of the eardrum region where the AirPods fit varies by individual, so you either have AirPods in your ears or you don’t.
- 21+ Differences Between House Music And Techno Music (Explained)
- 20+Differences Between Apple TV And Roku TV (Explained)
- 20+ Differences Between iPhone 13 Pro And iPhone 13 Pro Max (Explained)
- 20+ Differences between iPhone 11 And iPhone 11 Pro (Explained)
- 20+ Differences Between Apple Smartphone And Android Smartphone (Explained)
“Business, marketing, and blogging – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, HR, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”