To the average person, the differences between the iPad and iPad Pro may be insignificant. After all, there’s no need to spend more money and purchase a Pro model if all you want to do is watch movies and browse the Internet.
The iPad, however, is insufficient for power users who use their tablets for much more than just watching movies. The distinctions between the iPad and iPad Pro will be examined in more detail.
Key Differences Between Ipad and IPad Pro:
- The home button is present on the iPad.
- The iPad’s maximum memory specifications are 3GB RAM/256GB.
- The iPad has the much gentler A13 Bionic processor.
- The iPad only has Touch ID available.
- The iPad’s display can be as large as 10.2 inches.
- On the iPad, a 3.5mm headphone jack is present.
- You can only use the Apple Pencil 1 if you purchase an iPad.
- The iPad’s 8MP rear camera is decent.
- The iPad is unable to access 5G networks.
- On the iPad, you can only capture 1080p videos.
- Larger editing tasks wouldn’t be easy for the iPad to handle.
- The iPad 2021 has a USB 2.0 lightning port.
- The iPad has Bluetooth version 4.2.
- An iPad Pro does not have a home button.
- With 16GB RAM/2TB, the iPad Pro is much more advanced.
- The powerful Apple M2 processor powers the iPad Pro.
- On the iPad Pro, Face ID is available.
- The iPad Pro, in contrast, comes in a 12.9-inch model.
- With the iPad Pro, you’ll have to stick with AirPods or other Bluetooth earphones.
- Both Apple Pencil 1 and 2 are compatible with the iPad Pro.
- The iPad Pro’s rear camera destroys the iPad with a triple camera setup that includes a TOF (time-of-flight) 3D LiDAR camera.
- The iPad Pro has a 5G network connection option.
- The iPad Pro has the ability to capture 4K video at 60 frames per second.
- Large files can be easily edited and exported from your iPad Pro.
- There is a Type-C Thunderbolt 4 USB port included with the iPad Pro.
- The iPad Pro has Bluetooth version 5.0.
Comparison Between iPad and iPad Pro
|Display Size||(10.9″) True Tone Liquid Retina display||Liquid Retina XDR display (12.9″), ProMotion, and True Tone|
|Processor||The iPad has the much gentler A13 Bionic processor||The powerful Apple M2 processor powers the iPad Pro.|
|CPU||CPU with 6 cores, 2 performance cores, and 4 efficiency cores.||CPU with 8 cores, 4 performance cores, and 4 efficiency cores.|
|Cameras||Only have one 12 MP wide camera.||12 MP Wide and 10 MP Ultra-wide cameras.|
|GPU||4 core GPU||10 core GPU|
|Storage upto||Storage capacity is up to 256 GB||The storage capacity is up to 2 TB|
|Apple Pencil||It only works with Apple 1 pencil.||It works with both Apple 1, and 2|
|Sensors||Touch ID||Face ID|
|Keyboard||Utilizes the Magic Keyboard Folio||Utilizes Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio|
|height||248.6mm (9.79 inches)||280.6mm (11.04 inches)|
|Width||179.5 mm (7.07 inches)||214.9 mm(8.46 inches)|
|Weight||481 grams (1.06 pounds)||682 grams (1.5 pounds)|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth version 4.2||Bluetooth version 5.0|
|Connector||USB C port||Thunderbolt/USB 4 port|
|Price||Less Expensive than iPad Pro.||Expensive than iPad|
Major Differences between iPad and iPad Pro:-
What is an iPad?
Apple Inc. is the company behind the “iPad” brand of iOS- and iPadOS-powered tablet computers. The related iPhone was developed and released before the iPad, despite the fact that it was conceived before.
Prior to the original iPad’s release on January 20, 2010, rumors about its creation, operating system, and release date started in 2002.
Because of how adaptable the iPad is, it can handle any task. The iPad is a fun and effective way to complete tasks, whether you’re working on a project, using your creativity, or playing a compelling game.
Different iPad versions
IPad products come in a variety of iterations. Additionally, the iPad has several generations, with each one adding new features and improvements.
iPad:- The original 9.7-inch iPad was released on January 27, 2010, and it was the first tablet computer.
iPad Mini: The iPad Mini, which has a 7.8-inch display and was first unveiled on October 23, 2012, is a smaller version of the iPad.
iPad Air:- The iPad Air is a thinner and lighter version of the iPad that was first introduced in 2013.
iPad Pro: The iPad Pro was released in 2015 and advertised as a device for artists and other business users. Both 9.7-inch and 12.9-inch display options are offered on iPad Pro devices.
What is iPad Pro?
The 12.9-inch touchscreen tablet computer known as the Apple iPad Pro is larger and has a higher resolution than Apple’s other iPad models.
The iOS 9-powered iPad Pro was slated to make its debut in November 2015. At a San Francisco event in September 2015, Apple unveiled the product.
Along with this iPad, Apple also debuted the first-generation Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard. Since it rejects the user’s palm while in use and is built for low latency to enable smooth marking on the screen, the Apple Pencil was a crucial addition to this iPad.
Using the iPad to take notes and work from anywhere is made simpler by the Smart Keyboard.
iPad vs. iPad Pro All you need to know:-
- iPad comes in a 9.7-inch version.
- The 64-bit Apple A9 chip that powers the iPad also houses an Apple M9 motion co-processor.
- It has a 12-core PowerVR Series 7 graphics processor built-in.
- The RAM on the iPad is 2 GB LPDDR4.
- It has an 8-megapixel, 1080p HD camera on the back.
- The A13 Bionic processor found in the iPad is much more gentle.
- The front-facing camera on the iPad is 1.2 MP and can record HD video at 720p.
- It has internal storage options of 32 and 128 GB.
- iPad has a touch ID.
- The top button has a fingerprint identity sensor for security authentication.
- The 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models are available.
- It has an Apple M10 co-processor built in and an A10X Fusion chip for faster and better performance.
- iPad has a 12-core Power VR series 7XT GPU built-in.
- It has 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM inside.
- The 12-megapixel camera on the back of the iPad has six lens elements and optical image stabilization.
- The iPad Pro is powered by the potent Apple M2 processor.
- FaceTime HD camera on iPad is a 7-megapixel device with 1080p HD video recording.
- It is available in 64 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB models.
- The iPad Pro has a face ID.
- TrueDepth camera for facial recognition enables security authentication.
Contrast Between iPad and iPad Pro
- iPad: The display size of the iPad is a 10.9″ True Tone Liquid Retina display. LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology measuring 27.69 cm / 10.9 inch (diagonal).
- iPad Pro: Liquid Retina XDR display (12.9″), ProMotion, and True Tone. Mini-LED backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology measuring 32.77 cm / 12.9 inch (diagonal)
- iPad: The iPad has the much gentler A13 Bionic processor.
- iPad Pro: The powerful Apple M2 processor powers the iPad Pro.
- iPad: The CPU in the iPad is with six cores, two performance cores, and four efficiency cores.
- iPad Pro: The CPU in the iPad Pro is with eight cores, four performance cores, and four efficiency cores.
- iPad: iPad has only one 12 MP wide camera. Smart HDR 3 for photos
- iPad Pro: The iPad Pro has 12 MP Wide and 10 MP Ultra-wide cameras. Smart HDR 4 for photos
- iPad: iPad has the four core GPU feature.
- iPad Pro: iPad Pro has ten core GPU facilities.
- iPad: The storage capacity of the iPad is up to 256 GB.
- iPad Pro: The storage capacity of the iPad Pro is up to 2 TB.
- iPad: It only works with the Apple 1version pencil.
- iPad Pro: It mainly works with version 2 apple pencil. But you can also use apple pencil version 1.
- iPad: iPad has Touch ID. The top button has a fingerprint identity sensor for security authentication.
- iPad Pro: iPad Pro has Face ID.TrueDepth camera for facial recognition enables security authentication.
- iPad: The iPad utilizes the Magic Keyboard Folio.
- iPad Pro: The iPad Pro utilizes Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio.
- iPad: The height of the iPad is 248.6mm (9.79 inches).
- iPad Pro: The height of the iPad pro is 280.6mm (11.04 inches).
- iPad: The width of the iPad is 179.5 mm (7.07 inches).
- iPad Pro: The width of the iPad pro is 214.9 mm(8.46 inches).
iPad weighs about 481 grams (1.06 pounds).
- iPad Pro:-
The weight of the iPad Pro is 682 grams (1.5 pounds).
- iPad: On the iPad, there is Bluetooth version 4.2.
- iPad Pro: Bluetooth version 5.0 is available on iPad pro. Faster pairing with Bluetooth-connected devices.
- iPad: USB C port is the option for connecting devices, and it is the charging port.
- iPad Pro: Thunderbolt/USB 4 port is the option for connecting devices and as well as charging.
- iPad: iPad is less Expensive than iPad Pro.
- iPad Pro: iPad Pro is more expensive than the iPad
Pros and cons of iPad and iPad Pro:
- Excellent value is provided by this top-notch entry-level tablet.
- Surpasses all tablets in their price range in performance.
- The iPad now has better camera capabilities.
- Supports i-Keyboard from Apple.
- Including a headphone jack.
- Have an outdated design.
- The screen’s 60Hz refresh rate dampens the visual experience.
- It is not even close to performing as well as the iPad Pro.
- Lacks a Type-C USB port and instead has the older lightning port (USB 2.0).
- The top tablet you can purchase with your money.
- Features an Apple M2 chip.
- It can easily handle the most demanding tasks you give it.
- Has DisplayPort and Thunderbolt 4 Type-C 4.0, is 5G ready (cellular model)
- possesses a 120Hz refresh rate Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED HDR10 screen (2021 12.9″ model).
- Possess four stereo speakers.
- It allows for Face ID authentication.
- It is excessively pricey
- iPad pros are somewhat bulky and heavy, making them awkward to use.
- Additionally expensive are all of its accessories.
- It is still lacking a few essential apps, preventing it from being a true laptop replacement.
- Your display can only be externally mirrored; it cannot be extended.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is the iPad Pro superior to other iPads?
The standard iPad features a 10.5-inch screen and an A12 processor. The iPad Pro has a slightly larger 11-inch screen and a more powerful A14 processor.
It also has a USB-C port, as opposed to the standard iPad, which still has the old Apple lightning port.
Q2. What are the advantages of the iPad Pro?
The iPad makes multitasking simpler and more effective than ever. Work fluidly between applications.
Use Slide Over or Split View on the iPad Pro to manage multiple apps at once, or drag and drop content using your finger or a trackpad.
Q3. Is it possible to use an iPad Pro as a laptop?
It is capable of replacing the laptop, but we do not want it to. The new Apple iPad Pro 2021 is a solid alternative to a laptop, but you may still prefer your larger machine. For a long time, the Apple iPad has been the best tablet on the market.
Q4. What are the iPad’s drawbacks?
The iPad does not have an SD card slot, so you are limited to using the device’s internal memory.
If you use multimedia on your device, the storage space on your device will quickly fill up. The Apple App Store has fewer apps than the Android Play Store.
Q5. What can the iPad Pro do that the iPad cannot?
The screen is the most noticeable distinction. It is not only more substantial, but it also has a sharper screen clarity than the standard iPad and a wider color gamut, which is essential for design work.
The all-new iPad Pros have a design that is similar to the iPhone X.
Q6. Is MS Office compatible with the iPad Pro?
Transferring documents and spreadsheets between your phone and computer is possible. Download the Office app for your iPhone or iPad right now.
Sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with screens smaller than 10.1 inches to create or edit documents.
Q7. Which iPad is best for students?
The iPad Air 5 is our pick for the best iPad for students. It shares a few of the same features as its larger, more expensive cousin, the iPad Pro (2021), such as a larger display and an M1 chip.
The price point, on the other hand, is crucial. It’s nearly a third less expensive than the Pro.
- 20+ Differences between IPad Air vs. IPad Pro (Explained)
- 20+ Differences between Laptop vs. Tablets (Explained)
- 22+ Pros and Cons of iPad (Explained)
- 20+ Differences between iPhone 11 And iPhone 11 Pro (Explained)
- 20+ Differences between iPhone and iPad (Explained)
“Business, marketing, and blogging – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, HR, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”